This is a series on the attributes of God.
Purpose: In this session we shall look first at what God cannot do and secondly resolve the potential tension and problems with the omnipotence of God so that we would draw implications for our lives from the truth that God is omnipotent.
- What are things that God cannot do?
- Potential problems resolved
Reminder of our previous working definitions of the omnipotence of God:
- Looking at the root of the word omnipotence: “The word omnipotence is derived from two Latin words, omni, “all,” and potens, “powerful,” and means “all-powerful.”
- Wayne Grudem: “God’s omnipotence means that God is able to do all his holy will.”
- John Frame: “The term omnipotence is not in Scripture, but the term is appropriate to refer to two biblical ideas, closely related to one another: God can do anything He pleases…Nothing…
View original post 1,654 more words