This is a series on the attributes of God.
The Immutability of God Part 1: Biblical Proofs
Purpose: In this session we shall look first at the immutability of God so that we would draw implications for our lives from the truth that God is immutable.
Definition of the immutability of God:
- Essentially this doctrine means that God does not change.
- Note: There are differences and slight nuances concerning the definition of the immutability of God among theologians, even Evangelical ones as we see below.
- John MacArtur and Richard Mayhue: “God’s immutability is his perfect unchangeability in his essence, character, purpose, and promises.”
- John Feinberg: It is “the belief that God does not change in his person (being and attributes), will (decree), or purposes.”
- Wayne Grudem: “God is unchanging in his being, perfections, purposes, and promises, yet God does act and feel emotions, and he acts…
View original post 1,457 more words